Thursday, February 28, 2013

Salmon Bowl





OMG YUM!!
I was disappointed and just out right PISSED when I went to make some rice and couldn't find any soy sauce in the house. Not even a friggin packet from Chinese take out was left. Dammit, I wanted a big bowl of rice and fish, so this was born. It was the perfect balance of everything PLUS I added 1/2 cup of Barley to the rice maker alongs with the rice ^_^
I added some mixed veggies to the rice as well to give it some more body just... you need to eat your vegetables :p
1 cup of Barley and Rice
1/8 cup Edamame
1/8 cup Shredded carrots
1/8 cup julienned red pepper
4oz Salmon piece seasoned with salt and lemon pepper
A sprinkling of the seaweed sprig shaker ^_^
Small amount of sesame oil and powered ginger

*These jars of rice seasonings can be picked up from any Asian market. They have quite a few to choose from , which I had to pick ALL of them up for quick and easy rice balls.


1 comment:

  1. Ahh, Nina! It looks DELICIOUSSSS! And the best thing is that it's also super healthy - you're genius!;-)

    ReplyDelete